The focus of a financial plan can vary. For example, you may choose a comprehensive analysis which might include (but is not limited to):
- Accumulation planning (i.e., education funding).
- Debt planning (e.g., home mortgage acceleration, debt paydown).
- Income replacement analysis (in retirement, or in the case injury and inability to work).
- Survivor needs analysis, Estate analysis and planning.
- Portfolio analysis (e.g., asset allocation, risk analysis).
- Qualified plan distributions and cash windfall planning (RMD’s, early withdrawal, etc.).
- Retirement planning (Impact of life events on retirement funding.).
- Income and asset protection (Impact of long term care needs on retirement and estate).
Or, you may choose more limited financial consultations which would cover one or a few the aforementioned topics...
An Advisor may present you with specific recommendations as a part of the plan. Specific recommendations may include an asset allocation or risk management strategy but not specific insurance, securities, and other investment products.
Finance Logix: financial planning & cash flow management platform.
Also, There's an app for that! You can watch and manage your budget on your mobile device.