Insurance is essential to any comprehensive financial plan. If tragic events like death, disability or critical illness strike, insurance can protect you and your family from undue hardship. Some life insurance policies also provide tax-advantaged savings that you can draw on to achieve goals like buying a house or retiring comfortably.
I have access to a variety of insurance products from over 30 insurance carriers that can help meet your financial planning needs. No matter your personal situation—if you’re single or in a family; a professional or a seasonal employee; an executive or small business owner—we will work together to design a customized plan.
In the event of death, life insurance offers surviving family members increased financial security. Usually as a tax-free lump sum payment, it can pay for final expenses and debts, as well as provide income for your survivors.
The advantages of life insurance include:
- A funded estate with cash for your loved ones at a time when liquidity most needed.
- Death benefits that are almost always tax free for named beneficiaries.
- Avoid probate costs if you name a beneficiary other than your estate.
- Potentially offer your loved ones creditor protection through some life insurance plans.
- Build tax-advantaged capital for retirement purposes.
- Provide liquid savings through some permanent life insurance plans.
As a financial advisor I can help you select coverage from a variety of life insurance options to meet the needs identified in your financial plan.
Life insurance can play a vital role in your financial plan - contact us today to find out how.
It's your life and you want to live it your way. That means doing all the things tha are important to you and your family today plus all the things you dreamed of doing in retirement. But what if you were unable to care for yourself? Or if you were faced with providing care for a loved one? What would that do to the plans you made?
Long term care ia a term used to describe the services people need when they no longer are able to care for themselves, whether due to an accident, disability, prolonged illness or the simple process of aging. Long-term care services aren't just for older people. Accidents and prolonged illnesses requiring long term care happen to people of all ages. Long term care services are provided in a variety of settings, including people's homes, assisted living facilities, and nursing homes.
A long term care policy provides funds to help pay for the care you need in the setting that right for you:
- Remain in the comfort of your home
- Avoid relying on your family to provide your care
- Protect your retirement savings
Plans and premiums can be tailored to fit your financial situation. I can help you select coverage from a variety of long term care insurance options to meet the needs identified in your financial plan.
Long term care insurance can play a vital role in your financial plan - contact us today to find out how.
Help protect one of your most valuable assets – your income – from unexpected events through disability and critical illness insurance.
Income is important for both current financial obligations (e.g. grocery bills and mortgage payments) and for future financial security (e.g. planning for your children’s education or for retirement). Just think what might happen if you suddenly lost your income stream through a long-term illness or disability.
Disability insurance products help protect your ability to earn an income, which can be affected if you are afflicted by a disability or other condition.
I can help you choose the long-term care and disability insurance products that provide advantages like:
- Helping maintain your financial independence, lifestyle and financial plan in the event your income is impacted by disability
- Assist with paying fixed expenses for your business if you become disabled
- Support the buy-out of a disabled partner’s share of a business
I can help you tailor your financial plan so it protects your income through disability insurance. Contact us today to find out how.
Critical illness insurance
Suffering a critical illness is distressing for both you and your family. Help ease the burden through insurance that will reduce financial stresses and can complement disability and life insurance protection needs. By helping pay for the additional expenses often associated with a critical illness or condition, insurance offers you, your family, and if applicable, your business, added financial security—so you can focus on recovery.
The advantages of critical illness insurance can include:
- Coverage for up to 22 critical illnesses or conditions
- An initial lump-sum benefit you can use however you wish—from making mortgage payments to seeking medical treatment outside Canada
- Partially cover home-care costs during illness and recovery periods
- Even if you’re not disabled from working, you may receive payment
- The ability to provide a return of premium benefit (optional)
- Individuals who cannot obtain disability insurance in some cases still qualify for critical illness coverage (e.g. a non-income earning spouse)
Contact us today to determine whether critical illness insurance fits into your financial security plan.